- Go on tour to a traditional pottery workshop near Marrakech.
- Discover the different types of rural pottery from southern and northern Morocco.
- Learn about the materials and craftsmanship of artisans to craft your pottery object.
- Learn to shape the clay soil and form it with the turning technique before baking.
- Enjoy a good local herbal tea break and savor the delicious Moroccan cakes.
- Recover your craft gift at the end of class to keep good memories of your experience.
Marrakech handicraft workshop artisans will initiate you to make artisanal Moroccan pottery, during this unique travel experience you will dive into the daily life of a local artisans and explore the traditional art of pottery in an artisal workshop. This pottery class tour in Marrakech is the best way to uncover the Moroccan society culture.
A few kilometers from the city of Marrakech, push the doors of a traditional pottery workshop and meet your artisanal chef who will make you discover the different types of rural pottery in southern and northern Morocco. After a briefing on work techniques and materials, you will make your pottery object under the assistance of an experienced local craftsman in a friendly atmosphere. You will start by modeling the clay soil and then shape it with old techniques. Before baking, make sure the room is firm enough, neither too soft nor too dry.
Enjoy a local herbal tea break and savor the delicious Moroccan handmade cakes. Collect your artisanal gift symbol of your experience before returning to Marrakech
- Qualified translator guide.
- Local craftsman.
- Pottery material and raw material.
- Tea and Moroccan cakes.
- Bottle of water.
- A craft gift.
What's not Included
- Meals and drinks.
Know before you go
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes and bring your camera.
- Transfer to your accommodation can be arranged on demand for an additional fee.
- Your piece of pottery will be delivered to your accommodation in Marrakech 3 days after the activity respecting the drying and baking time.
Moderate : Cancel up to 7 Days in advance for a full deposit refund
The map bellow indicate the meeting point where you should meet with the activity provider to start your experience.