- Discover the history of Moroccan slippers, artisan shoes par excellence.
- Browse the narrow streets of the Medina and admire an atmosphere rich in colors and scents.
- Admire the different types of slippers and traditional manufacturing tools.
- Choose the leather color and Moroccan slippers style that suits you.
- Learn the traditional techniques of making babouche and practice them with the help of a craftsman
- Design your own babouche and bring it back with you to keep a good recollection.
- Enjoy a good mint tea break and watch your craftsman finishing your new Moroccan slippers.
Marrakech craft workshop will take you for a unique experience, design and make your own Moroccan traditional slippers and immerse yourself in the art of the Moroccan artisanat and handcraft. Live a unique experience during a half-day with a craftsman who will help you design your own Moroccan leather slippers. During this course of manufacture of Moroccan babouche, you will discover traditional manufacturing techniques that are passed down from generation to generation.
Departing from Jamaa El Fna square, your guide will take you to discover the small alleys of the Medina passing through many souks exhibiting articles of different colors and scents. Arrive at the craft workshop; discover the different types and forms of Moroccan slippers and traditional tools needed for the design. After a short briefing, choose the leather color and babouche style that suits you and follow the instructions of your craftsman to design your handmade shoes. Your artisan will ensure that you apply the traditional babouche manufacturing techniques that are handed down from generation to generation.
Enjoy a tea break served with delicious Moroccan pancakes, and admire the artisan’s work that will give your new shoes a finest artisan touch.
- Qualified translator guide.
- Local craftsman.
- Material and raw material for babouche making.
- Tea and Moroccan pancakes.
- Moroccan snipers.
What's not Included
- Meals and drinks.
Know before you go
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes and bring your camera.
- Hotel transfers can be arranged for an extra fee.
Moderate : Cancel up to 7 Days in advance for a full deposit refund
The map bellow indicate the meeting point where you should meet with the activity provider to start your experience.