- Discover one of the most majestic mosques in the Western Muslim world.
- Marvel at the mausoleums adorned of Saadi dynasty.
- Visit the luxurious Bahia Palace and discover the hidden history secrets of the Hispano-Moorish architecture in Morocco.
- Explore the souks and alleys of the Medina and discover the contrasts of Marrakech lights and scents.
- Discover the Arab-Berber lifestyle of the ocher city through its legendary Djamaa El Fana Square.
Discover the ornate palaces and innumerable monuments of Marrakech during a guided tour of 3 hours and learn the history of the ocher city of the Kingdom of Morocco. Admire one of the largest mosques in the Western Muslim world, visit Bahia Palace gardens, explore the old Medina of Marrakech and its amazing souks and discover Marrakchi’s lifestyle through the dynamic and huge Jemaa El Fana Square.
After picking you up from your accommodation at 09:00 am, the discovery of one of the oldest imperial cities of Morocco begins with Koutoubia, the largest and most beautiful mosque in the Western Muslim world. Admirably proportioned, with 12.80 m side and 69 m high, its masterful architecture evokes the Giralda of Seville.
Then you will head to the Kasbah to visit the famous Saadian Tombs that were designed by the Saadian Sultan Ahmad al-Mansour in 1120. Admire the colorful tiles, Arabic script and complicated carvings of this unique Islamic mausoleum.
Then, spend one-hour visiting Bahia Palace (Palace of the Wonderful), one of the main monuments of the kingdom’s historical heritage and discover 8 hectares of a masterpiece of Moroccan architecture which was built by the Moroccan architect El Mekki under the instructions of Si Moussa, chamberlain of Sultan Hassan I, for his beloved Bahia (the marvelous in Arabic) in 1866. Meant to be the most beautiful example of the world Islamic architecture, this architectural jewel reflects almost all the secrets of Hispano-Moorish art through magnificent stucco works, Islamic mosaics and carved cedar wood roofs, surrounded by Moorish gardens of orange trees and cypress and fragrant jasmine plants.
At the end of this unique experience, get into the labyrinths of the narrow streets of the Medina to get closer to Marrakchi’s lifestyle through different souks, aromatic spice shops, tea rooms, workshops handicrafts, ... etc. Then head to the huge and vibrant Jemaa El Fna Square where juice sellers, snake charmers, dancing monkeys, magicians, acrobats and many other actors come together to create a beautiful show that reflects the extraordinary Moroccan lifestyle.
- Roundtrip transfer to your accommodation
- An air-conditioned minibus with free WiFi
- Professional guide
- Monuments tour
- Visits of the souks of the Medina and Djamaa El Fana Square
What's not Included
- Meals and drinks
- Monument’s entrance fees
Know before you go
- Bring comfortable clothes and shoes and don’t forget your camera.
- For accommodation inside the Medina of Marrakech, please meet in your nearest car parking. A supplement may be requested for transfer to and from accommodation that are located beyond 8 Km from Marrakech. Please mention the name of your accommodation during your booking.
Free: free cancellation until 1 day before the activity starting date.
Map and itinerary
The map bellow indicate the itinerary of the activity.