- Admire the magnificent views of the Atlas Mountains while crossing Tizi N’Tichka pass, the highest pass in Africa (2260m).
- Discover the famous Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou a UNESCO world heritage since 1987.
- Visit Ouarzazat, Morocco’s Hollywood, and then pass by Roses valley through the road of thousand Kasbah.
- Admire the stunning Dades and Todra gorges.
- Enjoy a unique experience in Merzouga desert.
- Experience the local lifestyle by riding camel in the high dunes of Merzouga and see one of the most extraordinary sunrises in the world.
- Spend an unforgettable night under the stars enjoying Berber songs in the middle of the Great Sahara.
This excursion to the desert of Merzouga from Marrakech across the mountains of the Great and Anti Atlas, the oasis of Tafilalet and the gigantic dunes of Erg Chabbi in 3 days are almost the perfect way to discover the diversity of natural and historical heritage of the south of Morocco.
Day 1: Marrakech - Tizi -n-Tichka - Ait Benhaddou - Ouarzazate - Dades Valley / Gorges
After pick up from your accommodation, you will cross the Great Atlas Mountains then stop at the Tizi N ‘Tichka pass to enjoy the magnificent panoramic views. You will after that pass through Telouet village to reach the fortified and spectacular Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou (a UNESCO world heritage) known for having hosted many stages of world’s movies bestsellers. After visiting the Kasbah, you will have your lunch on the spot or once arrived at Ouarzazate (called also Hollywood of Morocco as per its famous cinema studios. You will continue your adventure through the road of thousand Kasbahs crossing Roses valley of roses then you will spend the night in a guest house in Dades.
Day 2: Dades Gorges - Tenghir - Todra Gorges - Tinjdad - Erfoud - Merzouga
After breakfast, you will discover the fantastic Dades Gorges and then continue your tour to reach Erg Chebbi the Great Sahara Desert passing through many Berber villages, Tinjdad, Jorf and Erfoud the beginning of the Saharan oasis of Tafilalet. After a short break in Merzouga, you will ride camel for over an hour at the big dunes of Merzouga to attend, at the end of the course, the fantastic sunset. You will spend night in a camp (nomadic Berber tents) under the stars with sound of drums and Berber singing in the middle of the Sahara. It’s an opportunity to get closer to Nomads and discover their lifestyle while repeating few Berber songs.
Day 3: Merzouga - Ouarzazate - Marrakech
Early in the morning, you will enjoy unforgettable moments attending a magical sunrise from the top of the largest dunes of the Great Sahara. You will return to the hotel in Merzouga during your 2nd camel riding to have breakfast and shower. Then you will leave the city to discover Todra Valley and its splendid gorges then pass by Tinghir, Boumalene-Dades, Ouarzazate and Atlas Mountains to finally arrive to Marrakech in the evening
- Round trip transfer from your accommodation
- Comfortable and air-conditioned transport
- 1 night at the hotel and 1 night at the desert camp
- Breakfasts and dinners
- Guided tour at Ait Benhaddou
- Camel ride
What's not Included
- Lunches and drinks
- Personal expenses
Know before you go
- Wear appropriate season clothing, knowing that it is hot in summer and cold in winter.
Moderate : Cancel up to 7 Days in advance for a full refund
Map and itinerary
The map bellow indicate the itinerary of the activity.