- Discover the Berber villages and the walnut fields while hiking in the Atlas Mountains.
- Live a unique experience on the paths of the big Atlas through a magnificent 30 minutes camel ride ballad.
- Visit some waterfalls of the Atlas valleys.
- Enjoy lunch with a local family and admire the amazing scenery views that these paradise mountains offer.
- Visit a local Argan oil cooperative run by women (optional).
- Mint tea
This tour excursion to the Atlas mountains and berber villages from Marrakech is a highlight multi activities day trip to explore the unique berber culture and atlas mountains lifestyle, guided by your local mountain tour guide. After picking you up from your accommodation in Marrakech, your professional local guide will take you in adventure to discover the hidden secrets of Berber lifestyle while enjoying a cup of mint tea. These locals occupied Northern Africa for 4000 years BC.
During this getaway, you will have a unique opportunity to combine trekking in Atlas Mountains through its typical villages and hidden trails in the first half of the day. And spend the other half of the day riding a camel for nearly half an hour in the mountains. In addition you will have enough time during lunch in a Berber house to get closer to local’s lifestyle and learn a lot about their culture and Morocco’s Berber history.
During your experience, your guide will be pleased to share with you all his knowledge of Berber world, the local culture and the most beautiful landscapes that his region offers.
- Two ways transfer in a comfortable and air-conditioned transport to your accommodation.
- Professional mountain guide
- Camel ride
- Luch in an authentic berber village, prepared and served by a local family.
What's not Included
- Personal expanses
- Soft drinks
Know before you go
Put on comfortable hiking shoes. It is possible to rent a mule instead of walking when you arrive to the Atlas mountains. You can discuss the walk option and duration with your guide. The walk suits all the fitness levels (flexible). A vegetarian option is available. For accommodation inside the Medina of Marrakech, please meet in the nearest car parking. A supplement may be requested for transfer to and from accommodation that are located beyond 8 Km from Marrakech. Please mention the name of your accommodation during your booking. During busy season there may be a need to combine bookings together to create a small group. The maximum you can expect in your group will be 6 people in a minivan.
Flexible : Cancel up to 3 Days in advance for a full refund
Map and itinerary
The map bellow indicate the itinerary of the activity.