- Cross the mountains of the High Atlas via the majestic Tichka Pass, located at an altitude of 2260 m.
- Visit the Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou, registered by UNESCO as World Heritage.
- Cross the three valleys: rose’s valley, Todra valley and Dades valley.
- Enjoy the large dunes of Merzouga on camel while admiring the attractive change of color at sunrise and sunset.
- Discover the way of life of nomads.
- Enjoy a traditional dinner in the desert
- Spend a night in a bivouac (nomad tent) under the stars.
- Discover Deraa Valley and its palms that are irrigated by Dades Valley.
Merzouga desert tour our most popular Morocco desert tours, makes live an experience rich in landscapes in the Sahara. Departing from Marrakech across the high atlas mountains and during 3 days, among the Merzouga desert tour from Marrakech you will never get bored because you will be busy admiring one scene after another.
Day 1: Marrakech > Ti’Zin Tichka > Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou > Boumalen Dades
Pick-up starts early in the morning. You will leave from Marrakech towards the Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou passing by the collar of Tizi Ntichka and Hight Atlas mountains. Many stops will be made during the journey. You will visit the Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou. It’s a UNESCO World Heritage dating from the 11th century. It is a striking example of the architecture of the traditional Moroccan South, a picturesque site filled with emotion.
After lunch, you’ll continue through the Roses valley to reach your accommodation at Dades. After a traditional dinner with Berber dishes, you will spend the night in a hotel and enjoy a magnificent view of the valley.
Day 2: Gorges of Dadès > Gorges of Todra > Merzouga
After breakfast at the hotel, you will take the road to the Toudra Gorge, which consists of high limestone cliffs that have been hollowed out for millennia. This wonderful site is also the delight of climbing enthusiasts.
After lunch, the journey will continue to the fascinating dunes of Merzouga. It is a village that marks the beginning of the Sahara. At this stage, vehicles will be replaced by camels to enjoy a traditional camel ride for 1hour. You will cross the dunes and admire the sunset and the colors in perpetual evolution.
After a traditional dinner with Berber rhythms, you will spend the night under the stars in a nomad tent in the middle of the desert.
Day 3: Merzouga > Ouarzazate > Marrakech
Early in the morning, you will attend the sumptuous sunrise. A magnificent contrast, shadows, lights and colors... After the traditional breakfast, divert camel back to Merzouga. Continue through the Draa valley and the Berber village of Agdez to reach Ouarzazate and visit the Kasbah of Taourirte. It was built in the 17th century by the Glaoui tribe. Admire the exterior architecture of the monument, a sand castle with bronzed walls rising to the sky, crenellated towers at different corners of the Kasbah.
Crossing the Atlas chain you will take the road to Marrakech safely and comfortably to arrive at your accommodation in the evening
- An air conditioned transportation. Pick up and drop off at your accommodation in Marrakech
- English/French speaking driver
- Half board: 2 breakfasts and 2 dinners, 1 Overnight at a hotel, Night in the bivouac/desert (tent, mattress and blankets are provided)
- Camel ride to reach the bivouac
What's not Included
- Drinks and lunches
- Entrance fees to monuments
- Personal expenses
Know before you go
Bring comfortable shoes, warm clothes for the night, sun creme, a hat or cap, sunglasses.
Flexible : Cancel up to 3 Days in advance for a full refund
The map bellow indicate the itinerary of the activity. If the hotel pickups collect/return are included in the price, the driver will meet you at the reception desk of your accommodation. (Open in Google Maps)