- Across the Atlas Mountains and the highest pass of Africa
- Visit the splendid Kasbah Ait ben Haddou, registered by UNESCO as a human cultural heritage.
- You will have a sight of the exceptional Berber culture and discover the local architecture, Kasbahs and villages.
- Discover the gate of the desert (Ouarzazate) and the Kasbah Taourirt.
Your day trip start from Marrakech to ait ben haddou and Ouarzazate through the High Atlas Mountains in a private full-day excursion. On this day trip to Ait Benhaddou you will visit the UNESCO world heritage site and local architecture Kesbah Ait Benhaddou. It is a concentrate of beauty unmatched in the south of Morocco.
The day trip from Marrakech to ait ben haddou takes you to the high point of the road is the pass Tizi n'Tichka which represents the highest road pass of Morocco with its 2260m. About 30km from Ouarzazate, the visit of the ksar Aït ben Haddou is unavoidable. Inside it there are traditional dwellings but also some Kasbahs (small citadels built in adobe and decorated with geometric motifs) representative of the Berber culture. The place is also known to have served as a shooting location for famous films such as Lawrence of Arabia, Jesus of Nazareth, The Mummy and others.
Arriving in Ouarzazate we realize that this one is a bit Hollywood Berber because the world of cinema is very visible. The diversity of the landscapes and the exceptional light of the region are indeed sought for some films. Ouarzazate is a link between the mountains of the High Atlas, the oases of the Dadèsm the Draa valleys and the desert plateau of the South Morrocan, it is nicknamed "The door of the desert". Ouarzazate is known by the Kasbah of Taourirt built in the 17th century by the Glaoui tribe and registered in the Cultural Heritage of the Humanity by UNESCO, and The cinematographic studios that have made many famous films. Back to Marrakech towards the beginning of the evening.
- Pick up and drop off at your accommodation in Marrakech
- Comfortable traportation with an English / French speaking driver
- Lunch in a local restaurant
What's not Included
- Monument’s entrance fees (1€ to 2€ / person)
Know before you go
Distance (400 Kilometers)
In order to arrange your hotel pick up, please mention your hotel name and adress when booking
Free: free cancellation until 1 day before the activity starting date.
The hotel pickups collect/return are included in the price, the driver will meet you at the reception desk of your accommodation. (Open in Google Maps)